Tuesday 12 April 2011

Salve or tangoes?

Salves and tangoes are both items that give you health over a period of time, but which one is better?
A salve cost 100 gold and gives a bunch of health in a short amount of time, but if attacked, it is dispelled, a stack of 3 tangoes cost 90 gold and heals about 100 life over a longer period, but doesnt dispell when being attaked. The two are both good but depending on how you play one could be better than the other. In simplest form, if you plan on getting early game kills, go for a salve so you can quickly heal and attack again if you dont kill after the first attack. And if you plan on just staying in the lane, get tangoes to give you just enough health to stay in the lane without being killed in one spell.

24 comments:

  1. Good tip, I used to play dota but I'm an HoN guy now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that said "slaves", I was like wtf?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. More tips please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get back into dota.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for that, will try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to play dota, but now it's just LoL for me :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I need to check this game out

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, ya I thought it kinda looked like slaves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good tips, sounds like you know what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very well informed. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice tips, and blog is nice too keep up the work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's best to get both a salve and tangoes at the beginning of the game; as far as HoN goes anyways :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It depends on the character your playing with, but for me since I tend to play with Spiritbreaker the tangos are usually better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never considered tangoes... I always assumed that if i have enough time to get healed by them i might as well run back to the respawn. Thanks for advise

    ReplyDelete
  15. tangoes! if you are taking too much damage that early in the game you just need to play safer...

    ReplyDelete
  16. tangoes ftw +1

    ReplyDelete